The gate is the face of the site and can tell a lot about the owner. The best option is a metal gate. Recently, gates have become increasingly popular., made using laser cutting.
Manufacturing process of metal gates
Laser cutting is a cutting of rolled metal, running on a special machine. There are two types of laser cutting, depending on the nature of the destruction of the metal alloy: melting and evaporation. The most common option is melting, since it involves the use of less energy-intensive installations and allows process metal sheets greater thickness, than possible with evaporation.
The technological process involves the following steps:
- Schematic Download, along which the laser will move;
- Setting and fixing the workpiece (sheet metal);
- Laser setup (can be produced as pre-sampled, and parts of the sheet, which will be cut later.);
- Cutting elements;
- Disassembly of the sheet;
- Cleanup (if necessary) cuts from traces of the cut;
- Coating (if necessary).
Characteristics of metal gates
The main advantages of these products are:
- Possibility of implementing in practice a variety of design solutions. With the help of a laser, even the most complex and small details can be accurately cut., that can never be forged or stamped;
- Finished surface quality. When exposed to a laser beam, a surface with a low roughness index is formed, there are also no sharp edges and numerous tool marks;
- Lightweight design. For the production of such gates, sheet material is used., which has a small thickness, as a result, there is no need to use rolled products with a large shelf thickness, as well as stiffeners. In addition, there is no need to install supports, able to withstand a heavy load;
- Relatively low price, due to the low consumption of material, no need to install powerful supports and relative ease of production;
- Large range of materials, that can be subjected to this processing. It can be as fragile alloys, and those with increased hardness;
- High processing precision, allowing for fine details;
- Ability to work with small batches of products. The fact, that the alternatives, stamping and forging, require the use of special equipment. Laser cutting is performed using a scheme or markup;
- Low, compared to forging and stamping, cost price, because there is no need to use a large amount of equipment and accessories.
In most cases the gate, the sashes of which are decorated with a pattern, laser cut, are the main. Laser cutting can also be used in the manufacture of gates between sites or at the exit from the backyard.. In addition, laser cutting is actively used for the production of inserts., which subsequently become part of the structure of the fence, doors and stairs.