Steel flanges – It's a flat disc made of metal., with holes in it: central and lateral, which are intended for fasteners. They are used, primarily, for hermetic connection of the component parts of steel pipes.
The popularity of flange connections is due to the ease of their installation. (it is necessary to place the flange disk in a pipe of a suitable diameter and dock with a similar fixture on another pipe, screwing it), good tightness and reliability. The dimensions of the flange must match the diameter of the pipe, to which it is attached. Making these connections is also easy.. Modern pipelines are often already equipped with steel flanges, which greatly facilitates the operation and maintenance of such pipes.
You can order the manufacture of steel flanges according to your drawings in the company “MAGNET”. We will perform the work quickly and efficiently on professional European equipment. To purchase, send project drawings by mail or attach to the order form on the page below.
Scope of steel flanges
Steel flanges have found their wide application in the following areas:
- Food Industry;
- Oil refinery;
- Housing and communal services.
Also in other areas, where there is a need to disassemble pipes for further work on their repair, or conducting an inspection. Steel flanges can also be used to connect various additional devices to the pipeline, filtering devices, counters and so on. In everyday life, this type of connection is rarely used., widely used for industrial purposes.
Types of steel flanges
There are various types of custom made flanges., including large diameter, they differ from each other, primarily, connection strength and design features.
In this way, steel flanges can be divided into the following types:
- Collar flange. A distinctive feature of this type of connection, is a welded cone of smaller diameter, which, when installed in a pipe, ensures high tightness and reliability of the connection;
- Flat (welded) flange is a flat metal disk, with holes for fasteners in it. This type of flange is attached to the pipe by welding in two places.
- Threaded flange mounted on the pipe without the use of welding, the connection is made by screwing onto the pipe. For a more reliable connection, welding can be applied.
- Blind flange differs from other types of flanges in that, that it does not have a central hole. Used as a pipe stopper, interruption of fluid flow.
- Swivel flange. This type of connection is used for oil, gas pipes, for handling chemical liquids;
- Insulating type connections also used for installation on oil and gas pipes. This type of flange has tie-down studs..
The connection is selected depending on the diameter of the pipe, its configuration and goals, for which it is planned to use this connection. Given the wide variety of shale connections, when it becomes necessary to manufacture to order and install flanges, need to seek professional advice.
Also, we manufacture: biofireplaces, enclosures for electrical appliances, as well as other types products to order.