Laser cutting is a highly precise and efficient metal cutting method., which is widely used in various industries. The process is carried out using machines with numerical control (CNC), which are equipped with a laser, emitting a powerful beam of light. The laser beam is focused on the metal surface, rather warm, emitted by the laser beam, melts or vaporizes metal, allowing you to cut out the desired shapes and patterns from it.
Here is a step by step explanation of the CNC laser cutting process:
- Metal loading: The first step is to load the metal onto the workbench of the CNC machine. The metal must be placed in the correct position, and the desktop must be level and stable.
- Machine programming: then the CNC machine is programmed for the desired cutting parameters, such as laser power, speed and focus. The cutting path is also programmed into the machine using special software..
- Laser focus: The next step is to focus the laser beam on the metal surface.. The laser beam is focused using a lens, located above the desktop. The laser beam must be focused to the correct spot size., as it will affect the cutting speed and quality.
- Start cutting: Once the laser is focused, you can start the cutting process. The laser beam is directed to the surface of the metal, and the heat generated by the laser beam melts or vaporizes the metal along the programmed cutting path. The cutting head of the CNC machine moves along a programmed path, cutting metal into desired shape.
- Quality control: after the cutting is completed, the quality of the cut is checked, To make sure, that it meets the required specifications. This may include measuring the size and shape of cut pieces., check for defects or defects, as well as checking the edges for sharpness and smoothness.
- Removing cut pieces: the last step is to remove the cut off parts from the desktop. Cut off parts are often removed with special tools, such as pliers or a vacuum cleaner.
In conclusion, one can say, that CNC laser cutting is a highly precise and efficient process, which allows you to easily cut metal into complex shapes and patterns. The process is controlled by specialized software, allowing precise control of the laser beam and cutting parameters. The result is a clean, precise and high quality cut, which is ideal for a wide range of applications.