Bushings are used in the assembly of almost any mechanical products and are parts of a cylindrical or conical shape. Divided into through and muted types. Custom bushings are made on lathes, which allow to produce asymmetric products with high precision. We manufacture metal bushings strictly according to approved requirements, we use high quality metal: for slide bushings – softer metal for ductile bonding.
What material are the bushings
Our company specializes exclusively in the production of metal bushings., but there are other materials, used in production. The choice of material depends on the mechanical product, for which a bushing is needed.
Bushings are made from such materials:
- bronze – used for making bushings;
- brass – used for making fittings;
- steel – all types of bushings are made from it, including slotted;
- special alloys – for products operating in high load mode;
- plastic – considered to be cheaper, cannot bear heavy loads.
For advice on the material, you can contact our manager, who will answer all questions related to the production of metal bushings to order in our workshop.
Types of bushings by application
Bushings are used in different areas and are divided depending on the place of application.. Each type has its own functional features.. The main purpose of using bushings – it is the protection of moving mechanisms from abrasion and rapid wear.
The main types of bushings:
- sliding bushings – used to reduce friction;
- bearing bushings – used to install bearings;
- threaded (internal and external) bushings – create new threaded holes;
- adapter bushings – used in lathes and milling machines.
There are also components, fixing, conical, precision, spline bushings. To order, our company mass-produces any types of metal bushings. We use only high-precision equipment in the process.